Widespread Museum

Ronciglione
November 13, 2011

Town Hall

Town Hall

The building was commissioned in 1498 from the community and Ronciglione
completed in 1552 as the seat City Council- chaired by a Gonfaloniere-
and Captain dellaMilizia. on facade recognize the Coat of Arms and pilasters
those of Duke Ranuccio and his brother Cardinal Edward
Farnese, who imposed the establish here the governor or
judge for the court, the Stationery and notarial archive. the
palace, which took the name of apostolic when the Farnese
took over the administration Papal, was renovated in
1714 with the addition of a watch designed by the architect Sebastiano Cipriani.