Widespread Museum

November 13, 2011

Church of SS. Rosary

In 1575 the Via del Rosario road was built which is dominated by Palazzo Farnese, a splendid example of the classical lines of the 16th century, built by Cardinal Alessandro Farnese. The road was named after the Church del SS. Rosario, built in 1592 by the del Rosario Brotherhood still existing today. It is the most well-preserved church in Ronciglione and is a good example of the harmonic and well-balanced Baroque style. It has a single nave, a wooden coffered ceiling and a small cupola which was added in 1816. In particular there are two marble angels of the Bernini school, resembling the ones in Castel S. Angelo in Rome and a splendid seventeenth-century organ with typical Italian phonic qualities.