Widespread Museum

Ronciglione
October 28, 2011

Church of Peace

The Santa Maria della Pace Church was built in 1581 by Cardinal Alessandro Farnese for the Augustinian Fathers. The fa├žade is in the style of Vignola, whereas the inside has frescoes dating back to the 15th century. It has a single nave with a beautiful Baroque altar embellished by a fresco of the Virgin Mary and an altarpiece by Sebastiano Conca who is considered to be one of the best examples of the painting of Viterbo of that time. The church is located in the square of the monument named after the bronze statue honoring the victims of the First World War which was erected in 1922 and is in front of the entrance to the church.